Real Stimulus Letter
Dear Senator _______ (or Congressman ________):
I am alarmed and angered by the nonchalant manner in which Congress has been doling out our money, even if it is phony money, FRN scrip, to "help" big business. You don’t put a fire out by rewarding the arsonist.
If you want to solve the problem with the economy, then get out of the way and let us take care of it. Suspend the illicit withholding and collection of the personal income tax from working American families, effective immediately. Just one year's suspension would be enough.
The advantages of leaving money instead of taking and giving money are apparent even to the least economically savvy citizen, so how can it escape you, unless your objective is something other than to do what is best for your nation, your State and your constituents. Is it?
- Put the water on the fire, not on the arsonist.
- The “cost” would be interest free, requiring no borrowing, and well below one Trillion dollars, a fraction of the hand-outs you are making or proposing to businesses and state and local governments, and would repay itself in increased revenues from other taxes.
- Federal revenues from the scores of other federal taxes would SOAR, recouping more than all revenue lost by suspending the illicit imposition of the income tax on working American families—JFK proved it, Ronald Reagan proved it and even George W. Bush proved that any cut in income tax results in an even greater increase in revenues from other taxes. (You didn't think the increased revenues were from the decreased income tax, did you?)
- No additional FRN’s would have to be printed, eliminating the inflationary effect of printing (and borrowing) more to reward failed policies and bad judgment.
- Stopping the weekly and monthly 20-30% rake off the top of every State’s economy, leaving that money to continue to build wealth and circulate in the economies that matter—ours—would allow those economies to prosper as they should (How long could you give a pint of blood every week?).
- Leaving earnings in the families that earned them will, without any expenditure, inject funds where they are most needed, permitting many to pay their house notes with their own money and reducing the foreclosures that are resulting from bad government policy.
- Since working families would be able to pay for more goods and services, unemployment would not only be reduced, it would be eliminated in months, not years or decades, andthe current Great Recession and its stagflation would be over.
- Eliminating the 40% penalty the personal income tax imposes on employers for hiring Americans, American labor would again become competitive in the world market, bringing many of the job's Congress has driven out of the country back home where they belong.
- Local, state and national economies would BOOM as a result of the weekly increases in household revenues across the country.
- Local and state tax revenues would SOAR as a result of the economic boom, permitting the States to operate without federal assistance. (You do want our States to be independent, don’t you?)
- Americans will be able to enjoy the standard of living they have earned by exercising their God-given, Constitutionally protected, tax exempt right to earn a living for themselves and their families.
You know these points are all true. The personal income tax makes about as much sense as picking all the apple blossoms and then wondering why the tree isn't producing apples.
Where are your priorities? With the people who elected you? With the State you represent? With the nation you are supposed to be serving? Or somewhere (or worse, someone) else? Is your "party" more important than your country? Is having a population that fears its government more important than having a prosperous nation?
Please introduce a bill to suspend collection and withholding of the personal income tax, effective immediately, and press it to passage. I, for one, pledge you my vocal and energetic support for such a bill.
Respectfully, but conditionally, yours,