What is Operation Innocence Revealed?
A very powerful and convincing DVD accompanied by the most concise and compelling presentation of our issues to date will be sent to the DOJ attorney or federal judge of your choice-just send us the name and address or order the video at the link at the left of this page.
Operation Innocence Revealed is a twin sibling of Operation Trojan Horse, but instead of being directed at IRS employees, its objective is to enlighten DOJ attorneys and judges across the country.
At the same time Joe Banister taped his DVD appealing to his former colleagues, he was joined by top tax law and tax crime attorneys from across the country like Larry Becraft, John O'Neill Green, Peter Gibbons, George Harp and Tom Cryer, who all appear on a DVD that explains to judges and DOJ attorneys exactly why those in the Tax Honesty Movement are not criminals, but are, rather, patriots whose intent is identical to those of the bar and courts, to uphold the rule of law and the Constitution.
In the video presentation these experts provide a detailed explanation, supported by visual aids and graphics, of why those in the Tax Honesty Movement are so convinced that they are not liable and that the law itself requires no tax return from them. Coming from experts with more credentials than you can shake a stick at, the viewer has to afford weight to what the DVD shows them. These aren't crackpots or some bearded vagrant holding a sign on the corner. Between the six of them, there are some 15 college degrees and five doctorates, an honor graduate and three cum laude graduates, a member of the Pacific Justice Institute, an Order of the Coif inductee, a Hall of Fame attorney, licenses to practice law in eight states and admitted to scores of federal courts, including the United States Supreme Court, and between them they have accumulated some 200 years of study and practice.
The DVD will also urge DOJ attorneys and judges to examine other issues and will be accompanied by the same powerful CD, Innocence Revealed, with its over 100 links to more than 70 files providing the reader with full text of Supreme Court cases and statutes as well as other authorities and exhibits, that goes with Joe Banister's Trojan Horse DVD.
What effect will this project have?
There are a host of issues the Tax Honesty Movement wants to raise in court, but the courts are closed to those issues. Judges summarily, without motion or reasons, dismiss any suits that raise sensitive issues. In criminal cases the courts are teamed up with the government, committing a number of violations of the law and of the Constitution:
- Prosecutors and judges alike treat tax crime defendants as enemies of the state, calling them names and parading their hostility before the jury;
- Judges interfere with the defendant's attempt to explain and justify his beliefs, interrupting, blocking and obstructing him at every turn;
- Courts permit prosecutors to introduce, over defendant's objection, lay and expert opinion testimony characterizing the defendant's beliefs as "frivolous", "unreasonable" and without any basis, yet forbid the defendant to introduce any testimony rebutting those claims, violating the defendant's Sixth Amendment right to confront witnesses;
- Courts permit prosecutors to introduce, over defendant's objection, their own fabricated documents and false propaganda in support of its claim that a tax is due and owing and that defendant's account of the law is false, yet forbid the defendant from showing the jury the statutes and Supreme Court cases to verify that his account of what he has read is true, a gross violation of the defendant's Sixth Amendment right to a fair trial and his right to present evidence corroborating his claim of innocence;
- Pre-trial motions in criminal cases, whether any countervailing argument is offered by the prosecutor or not, are summarily denied without reasons or on reasoning that totally misconstrues both the motion and the law;
- Judges, whether out of fear or out of arrogance and indifference, routinely ignore even the most basic trial procedures and substantive law, invariably blindly following the prosecutor's lead; and
- Suits against the government for criminal actions by agents, such as blatant violations of disclosure and file access laws, are dismissed without cause or explanation.
All of these abuses would be, if not eliminated, at least diminished if the courts and prosecutors were to be made aware that the Tax Honesty Movement's positions enjoy the support of law and are genuinely and honestly held. Judges and prosecutors, alike, realizing that the IRS, not the defendant, is the one who is obscuring the truth with smoke and mirrors, duping them into being patsies and causing them to prosecute innocent people, would be more receptive to the law and more responsive to the Sixth Amendment rights of tax crime defendants.
What you can do to help this project succeed.
Spread the word and order one or more copies of the video here.